|The Message of A Course in Miracles: A Translation of the Text in Plain Language|
Chapter 13: The Guiltless World
1. You would not attack another if you did not feel guilty for attacking God. Your condemnation of yourself is the root of all of your attacks. You project away from you your condemnation of yourself by judging another as unworthy and deserving of punishment. Here lies the split in your mind: Your mind perceives itself as separate from the mind that it is judging, believing that by punishing another it escapes punishment. This is only a delusional attempt of your mind to deny itself and escape the penalty of its denial. This does not undo your denial but preserves it through projection. Your guilt obscures God to you and it is your guilt that makes you seem to be insane.
2. The beginning of your belief in your separation from God was your acceptance of guilt into your mind; the end of your perceiving separation is your acceptance of correction for this misperception. The world of the personal mind is a delusional system that shows that you have been driven insane by guilt. Look honestly at the world that you perceive and you will see that this is so. The world that you perceive is the symbol of your punishment of yourself for separating from God and the laws that govern it are the laws of death. You are born into it through pain and in pain. Your growth is attended by suffering as you learn of sorrow, separation, and death. Your mind seems to be trapped in a brain that declines if your body is hurt. You seem to love but you desert others and they desert you. Most insane of all you seem to lose what you love. In the end the body that you identify with withers and gasps and is laid in the ground. If you think that this is of God then you must think that God is cruel.
3. If this was Reality God would be cruel. God would not be Loving if It subjected you to this as the price of salvation. Love does not kill to save. If It did attack would be salvation. This is the personal mindís interpretation of attack, not Godís. Only a world of guilt can command you to die because only the guilty can conceive of death. Your belief in separation could not touch you if you did not project it onto God and believe that God has driven you out of Heaven. In this belief of yours God is lost to you because you do not understand God if you believe this.
4. The personal mindís world is the picture of your crucifixion. You will see this world until you realize that you cannot be crucified. And you will not accept that you cannot be crucified until you accept the Eternal Fact that you are not guilty. You deserve Love because in Truth you give only Love. You cannot be condemned because in Truth you have never condemned. The correction of your perception that you are separate from God is the final lesson that you need to learn because it teaches you that you have never sinned and so you do not need salvation.
1. Guiltlessness and Invulnerability
1. As a Teacher the Holy Spirit only wants to make Itself unnecessary to you by teaching you all that It knows because, sharing Godís Love for you, the Holy Spirit wants to remove all the guilt from your mind so that you can remember God in Peace. Peace and guilt are diametrically opposed and you can only remember God in Peace. Love and guilt cannot exist together and for you to accept one is for you to deny the other. Guilt hides your Christ Mind from you because your guilt is the denial of your Innocence.
2. In the strange world that you have made it seems that you who are Christ have sinned but you only seem to have done so by making your Christ Mind invisible to you. Your Christ Mind is blocked by a world of retribution that has risen in your mind in the guilt that you have accepted and hold dear. The Innocence of your Christ Mind is the proof that the personal mind never was and can never be. The personal mind cannot exist without guilt and as Part of God you are without guilt.
3. You may be tempted to wonder how you can be Innocent when you look at the personal self and judge what it does. But you are Innocent in Eternity, not in time. Your ďsinsĒ are in the past but the past does not exist because always has no direction. Time seems to have a direction but when you let it go it will disappear. As long as you believe that you are guilty you will walk in time believing that it leads to death. And the journey will be long and cruel and senseless.
4. The journey of the personal self on which you have set yourself is useless but the journey of correction on which God has set you releases you to Joy. God is not cruel and in Truth you cannot hurt yourself. The retaliation you fear and see will never touch you because, although you believe in it, the Holy Spirit knows it is not true. The Holy Spirit stands outside of time Where you truly are because the Holy Spirit is with you. The Holy Spirit has already undone everything unworthy of you because that is Its Mission, given to It by God. And What God gives has always been.
5. You will perceive your Christ Mind as you learn that you are Innocent. You have always sought your Innocence and now you have found It. You seek to escape the limitations that you have made for yourself and you are not denied the way to find Freedom because It is in you and you have found It. When you find Freedom is a matter of time and time is an illusion. You are Innocent now and your Purity shines untouched Forever in Godís Mind. You will always be One with God. Deny the world that you perceive and do not judge yourself because your Eternal Innocence is in Godís Mind and protects you Forever.
6. When you have accepted correction of your perception of separation from God you will realize that there is no guilt to perceive. Only if you look on Innocence everywhere can you understand Oneness. Your concept of guilt brings you the concept of condemnation and results in you projecting separation in place of the Oneness of your mind. But you can only condemn yourself and when you do so you forget that you are One with God. You deny your Innocence, Which is the condition of Godís Being. But God extends Love to you and you live with God in Love. Goodness and Mercy always follow you because in Truth you extend Godís Love.
7. As you perceive your Holiness in place of the personal mindís projections you will realize that there is no journey, only your growing awareness of Godís Eternal Presence. Your Christ Mind has kept faith with God for you. There is no road for you to travel on and no time for you to travel through. God does not wait for you because God is unwilling to be without you and it has always been that you are with God. Let the holiness of your Christ Mind undo the guilt that darkens your mind and as you accept Christís Purity by extending It everywhere you will learn that it is your Purity.
8. You are safe because you are Innocent. Guilt and time go hand-in-hand. Your guilt seems to establish that you will be punished in the future for what you have done in the past so it depends on one-dimensional time that proceeds from past to future. When you believe in time you cannot understand ďalwaysĒ so guilt deprives you of an understanding of Eternity. You are Immortal because you are Eternal and ďalwaysĒ means endless now. By holding the past and the future in your mind guilt ensures the personal selfís continuity through your expectation of punishment. But the guarantee of your continuity comes from God, not from the personal mind. Immortality is the opposite of time because time passes away while Immortality is constant.
9. Accepting correction for your perception of separation from God teaches you What Immortality is because by accepting your Innocence you learn that the past has never been so a future is unnecessary. In time the future is always associated with ďatoning for your sinsĒ and only your sense of guilt makes you feel that you need to do that. Teaching you to accept your Innocence by extending It to be all that your mind perceives is Godís way of reminding you of What you are in Truth. God has never condemned any part of you and being Innocent you are Eternal.
10. You cannot undo your guilt by making it real and then paying for it. This is the personal mindís plan, which it offers you in place of undoing your guilt. It is committed to the insane idea that attack is salvation because its continuity is your continuing to attack yourself by identifying with it. The personal mind then teaches you that your ďatonementĒ comes through attacking yourself further by punishing yourself. Attack, ďatonementĒ, and salvation all become the same in your mind in your identification with a personal self. Only by identifying with a personal self can you cherish guilt, which you do not really want, and value attack.
11. Attacking yourself because you are guilty, then, only increases your guilt because attack always results in guilt. So in the personal mindís teaching there is no escape from guilt. Attack makes your guilt real to you and if guilt is real there is no way for you to overcome it. The Holy Spirit, however, looks on your Innocence and dispels guilt simply through Its Calm Recognition that you are not separate from God. This being True you cannot attack yourself because without guilt there is no need for attack. You are saved because you are Innocent. And being Wholly Pure you are safe from attack.
2. The Guiltless Son of God
1. The ultimate purpose of projection for you is supposed to be to get rid of your guilt. Characteristically, the personal mind wants your to keep guilt while seeming to get rid of it. But you find guilt intolerable because God is irresistible to you and guilt stands in the way of you remembering God. This is where the deepest split in your mind occurs because to keep guilt as the personal mind insists you cannot be you. By persuading you that it is you the personal mind induces you to project guilt, which actually keeps guilt in your mind while only seeming to get rid of it.
2. This strange solution of the personal mind has you project guilt onto a world that you perceive outside of you to get rid of it, which only results in you concealing that the guilt that you see is in your own mind. So you still experience the guilt but you do not know why. You explain this to yourself by associating your guilt with your failure to meet certain ideals of the personal mind but you have no idea that you are failing yourself by seeing yourself as guilty. Because you believe that you are no longer you, you do not realize that you are failing yourself.
3. In the darkest corner of your identification with the personal mind your belief in your guilt is hidden from your awareness. In that dark place you realize that you have betrayed your Christ Mind by condemning It to death. You do not suspect that this murderous and insane idea is hidden there but the personal mindís destructive urge is so intense that nothing short of your Christ Mindís crucifixion can ultimately satisfy it. It does not understand What your Christ Mind is because it is blind to Truth. But if it perceives Innocence anywhere it will try to destroy It because it is afraid of It.
4. Much of your strange behavior can be attributed to the personal mindís strange definition of guilt: The guiltless are guilty. When you do not attack you are the personal mindís ďenemyĒ because it values attack as salvation and when you do not value attack you are in an excellent position to let it go. From this position you can look into the deepest, darkest secret of the personal mind and while it can stand you questioning anything else it guards with its life the secret that you have ďkilledĒ Christ within you because its existence depends on this being hidden from you. So you must look at this secret because the personal mind cannot keep the Truth from you and in Its Presence the personal mind is dispelled for you.
5. In the Calm Light of Truth recognize that you believe that you have crucified your Christ Mind. You will not admit to this ďterribleĒ secret because you still want to crucify your Christ Mind if you can find It. You hide this wish because you are afraid of it and so you are afraid to find your Christ Mind. You have handled this wish to kill your Self by not knowing that you are your Christ Mind and by identifying with a personal self instead. You project your guilt blindly and indiscriminately because you will not look at its source. The personal mind does wants to kill you and in your identification with it you believe its goal is yours.
6. Crucifixion is the symbol of the personal mind. When the world that you made with your split mind was confronted with the real Innocence of Christ as modeled by Jesus it did attempt to kill Christ by killing Jesus and the reason given was that the perception of Innocence is blasphemous to God. In the world in your mind the personal mind is god and the perception of Innocence is interpreted as the final guilt that fully justifies murder. You do not yet understand that any fear that you experience in connection with this course ultimately stems from this interpretation but if you honestly examine your reactions to it you will see that this is so.
7. This course explicitly states that its goal for you is Happiness and Peace and yet you are afraid of it. You have been told repeatedly that it will set you free but sometimes you react as if it is trying to limit you. You often dismiss it more easily than you dismiss the personal mind. You must believe, then, that by not learning this course you are protecting yourself. You do not yet realize that only your Innocence can protect you.
8. The plan of the Atonement has always been interpreted in the world as the release from guilt and this is correct if you understand that Atonement is the correction of your perception of separation from God. Yet you may reject even this interpretation and not accept it for yourself. You may have looked at the personal mind and its offerings and recognized them as futile but though you donít want them you may not yet be willing to accept correction with gladness. In the extreme you are afraid of correction and you believe that it will kill you. Do not mistake the depth of your fear. You believe that in the Presence of Truth you will be destroyed.
9. This is not so. Your ďguilty secretĒ is nothing and if you bring it to the Holy Spirit the Holy Spirit will dispel it. Then no dark secret will remain between you and your remembrance of God because you will remember the Innocence of your Christ Mind, Which is Immortal. Your perception of separation is corrected in your Christ Mind, from Which you have never been separated. Your understanding this is your remembering God because it is your recognition of Love without fear. There will be great Joy in Heaven on your Homecoming and the Joy will be yours. Your corrected split mind is your Innocent Christ Mind and to recognize your Christ Mind everywhere is your correction.
3. The Fear of Redemption
1. You might wonder why it is important for you to look on your hatred and realize its full extent. You might also think that it would be easy for the Holy Spirit to show it to you and to dispel it without you needing to raise it to your awareness. But there is one more obstacle that you have interposed between yourself and full correction of your perception that you are separate from God. You will not tolerate fear if you recognize it but in your disordered state of mind you are not really afraid of fear. You donít like it but it is not your desire to attack that frightens you and you are not really disturbed by your hostility. You keep your hatred hidden because you are more afraid of what it covers. You would even be willing to look on the deepest secret of the personal mind without fear if you did not believe that without the personal mind you would find something within yourself that you fear even more. You are not really afraid of crucifixion; your real terror is of correction.
2. Under the dark secret of your ďattackĒ on your Christ Mind in your identification with a personal self is your Memory of God and it is of God that you are really afraid. Your remembering God will instantly restore you to your
3. In all honesty, isnít it harder for you to say ďI loveĒ than ďI hateĒ? You associate Love with weakness and hatred with strength and your Real Power seems to you to be a real weakness. You could not control your Joyous response to the Call of Love if you allow yourself to hear It and the whole world that you made would vanish at Its sound. The Holy Spirit, then, seems to be attacking what you have made to shut out God because God does not Will to be excluded.
4. You have built yourself an insane belief system because you think that you would be helpless in Godís Presence and you want to save yourself from Godís Love because you think that God wants to crush you into nothingness. You are afraid that Godís Love would sweep you away from yourself and make you little because you believe that greatness lies in defiance and attack. You think that you have made a world that God wants to destroy and that by loving God, which you do, you would throw away the world, which you would. So you have used a world to cover your Love and the deeper that you go into the personal mindís thought system the closer that you come to the Love that is hidden there. And it is This that frightens you.
5. You are willing to accept insanity because you made it but you will not accept Love because you did not make It. You would rather be a slave to crucifixion than accept your Christ Mind as correction. Your individual death is more valuable to you than your Living Oneness with God because What is given to you is not so dear to you as what you have made. You are more afraid of God than of the personal mind and Love cannot enter where It is not welcome. But hatred seems to enter your mind of its own will and it does not care for your Will.
6. You must not hide your illusions but look at them because they do not rest on their own foundation. While they are hidden they appear to be self-sustained and this is the fundamental illusion on which all illusions rest. But beneath your illusions, and concealed with them, is your Loving Mind that thought It made them in anger. When It is uncovered the pain in your Mind is so apparent that you will not deny your need for healing. Not all the tricks and games that the personal mind offers can heal It because this is the real crucifixion of your Christ Mind.
7. And yet your Christ Mind is not crucified. In your mind is both your pain and your healing because the Holy Spiritís Vision is Merciful and Its Remedy is Quick. Do not hide suffering but bring it gladly to the Holy Spirit. Lay before the Holy Spiritís Eternal Sanity all of your hurt and let It heal you. Do not leave any spot of pain hidden from the Holy Spirit and search your mind carefully for any thoughts that you may fear to uncover. The Holy Spirit will heal every little thought that you have kept to hurt yourself and It will cleanse your mind of limitedness by restoring it to the Limitlessness of God.
8. Beneath the self-inflation of the personal mind that you hold so dear is your real call for help. You call to God for Love as God calls you to Itself. In the Holy Place Which you have hidden within yourself you Will only to be One with God in Loving remembrance of God. You will find this Place of Truth as you extend It in place of the limited world that you perceive because your mind longs for the Limitlessness within you. By perceiving It you will welcome It and It will be yours. Limitlessness is your Right as Christ and no illusions can satisfy you or save you from What you are. Only your Love is Real,and you will be content only with Reality.
9. Save your mind from its illusion of a world of separation so that you can accept the Limitlessness of God in Peace and Joy. But do not exempt any perception from Love or you will be holding back a part of your mind where the Holy Spirit is not welcome and exempting yourself from the Holy Spiritís healing power. You must offer Love totally to be totally healed. You must let healing completely undo your fear because Love cannot enter your mind when there is one spot of fear to mar Its welcome.
10. You who prefer separation to Sanity cannot obtain separation in your True Mind. You were at Peace until you asked to be separate and God could not give this to you because it is an alien request to What is One. So you made God an unloving God in your mind by demanding of God what only an unloving God could give. Your Peace was shattered because you no longer understood your Oneness with God. You fear what you have made but you fear God even more because you attacked your glorious Oneness with God.
11. In Peace you need nothing, and you ask for nothing. In conflict you demand everything and you find nothing. How can the Gentleness of Love respond to your demands except by departing from you in Peace and returning to God? If you do not want to remain in Peace then Love cannot remain with you at all. When your mind is full of illusions you cannot live in Reality and you must seek a place of illusions where you can believe you are where you are not. God has not allowed this to happen but you have demanded that it happen and so you believe that it is so.
12. To ďsingle outĒ is to make alone and therefore to make lonely. God does not do this to you because your Peace lies in Godís Oneness. God denies only your request for pain because suffering is not of God. God is One with you and will not take this Oneness away from you. But God answers your insane request for pain with a Sane Answer that is with you in your insanity. When you hear the Holy Spirit you will give up insanity because the Holy Spirit is the Reference Point beyond illusions from Which you can look back on your illusions and see that they are insane. Seek this Place within you and you will find It because Love is in you and will lead you there.
4. The Function of Time
1. Now the reason that you are afraid of this course should be apparent: This is a course in Love because it is about you. Your function in the world that you perceive is healing your mind of its perception of separation from God as your Function in Heaven is to be One with God. But the personal mind teaches you that your function in the world is destruction and that you have no function in Heaven. So the personal mind wants to destroy you in the world and bury you in the world, leaving you nothing but the dust out of which it thinks that you were made. As long as the personal mind is satisfied with you in its judgment it offers you oblivion at the end of your ďlifeĒ in the world. When it is not satisfied with you it becomes openly savage and offers you hell.
2. But neither oblivion nor hell is as unacceptable to you as Heaven. To the personal mind, which wants to destroy you, Heaven is oblivion and hell and in your identification with a personal self the real Heaven is the greatest threat that you think you can experience. Oblivion and hell are ideas that you made up and you are determined to establish their reality to establish the personal identity as your reality. If you question oblivion and hell as your final destination then you believe that you are questioning your reality because you believe that separation from God is your reality and your destruction is the final proof that you are right.
3. Putting aside the fact that you are wrong isnít it more desirable to be wrong in this circumstance? While you might argue that death suggests there was life you cannot claim that it proves that there is life. Even the life that has passed into death could only have been futile if it ends in death and needs death to prove it ever was. You question Heaven but you do not question this. But you could heal yourself if you did question this. Even though you donít seem to know Heaven, couldnít It be more desirable to you than death? You have been as selective in your questioning as you have been in your perception. An open mind is more honest.
4. In your identification with a personal self you have a strange idea of time and it is with this idea that your questioning should begin. The personal mind invests heavily in the past because it believes that the past is the only aspect of time that is meaningful since the personal mind exists for you only in the past. Remember that the personal mind emphasizes your guilt in your identification with it to ensure that it continues by projecting a future for you from the personal selfís past and so it avoids the present. If you are to pay for the ďsinsĒ of the personal selfís past in the future then the personal selfís past determines your future, which makes the personal selfís past continuous and leaves you without any real present. The personal mind regards the present only as a brief transition to the future in which it brings the personal selfís past to the future by interpreting your present through the personal selfís past.
5. ďNowĒ has no meaning for the personal mind. Unable to tolerate your release from the past it projects onto the present the past hurts that you perceive in your identification with a personal self so that you react to the present as if it were the past. It dictates your reactions to those you meet in the present from a past reference so that in effect you react to others as though they are someone from the personal selfís past and you do not see that Godís Love is What is present. In your identification with a personal self you receive messages from others out of the personal selfís past, making the personal selfís past real to you in the present and thereby making you hold onto the personal selfís past. You thus deny yourself the message of release that you could see by extending Godís Love now.
6. Your projections from the personal selfís past are exactly what you must escape. They are not real and they have no hold over you unless you bring them with you. They carry spots of pain in your mind, directing you to attack in the present in retaliation for a past that is gone. This is your decision for future pain. Unless you learn that the past is an illusion you are choosing future illusions and losing the many opportunities that you have for release in the present. The personal mind wants to preserve your illusions, prevent you from becoming aware of God, and prevent you from understanding that your illusions are gone. You cannot perceive your own Holiness when you perceive an individual past. Nothing happens when you do this and you miss opportunities to extend salvation, which makes every situation Holy. The Holy Spirit teaches that every encounter you have in the world that you perceive is an encounter with an extension of your own Holiness. The personal mind teaches that you always encounter the personal selfís past and because the personal selfís past was not Holy your future will not be and the present is without meaning.
7. The Holy Spiritís perception of time is the exact opposite of the personal mindís perception of time because their perceptions of the goal of time are exactly opposite. To the Holy Spirit the purpose of time is to render your need for time unnecessary. It perceives the function of time as temporary because time serves only the Holy Spiritís Teaching Function, Which is temporary by definition. The Holy Spiritís emphasis, then, is on the only aspect of time that can extend to the Infinite: now. Now, without past or future, is as close as you can get to Eternity in time. Only now is here and only now presents you with opportunities to extend your Holiness and find salvation.
8. The personal mind regards the function of time as one of extending itself in place of Eternity because, like the Holy Spirit, it regards the goal of time as the same as its own goal. Continuing the personal selfís past in the future is the only purpose that the personal mind has for time and it closes over the present so that no gap in its own continuity can occur. So the personal mind wants to keep you in time to ensure its continuity while the Holy Spirit wants to release you from time. If you want to share the Holy Spiritís goal of salvation for you then you must accept the Holy Spiritís interpretation of time.
9. You, too, will interpret the function of time as you interpret your own function. If you accept that your function in the world that you perceive is healing your mind of its perception of separation then you will emphasize the present because it is the only aspect of time in which your healing can occur. Your healing cannot occur in the past because the past is gone and you are released from the future only through healing your mind in the present. If you use time this way your future will become an extension of your present healing rather than of the personal selfís past ďsinĒ. But if you interpret your function as destruction you will ignore the present and hold on to the personal selfís past to ensure your fear of future destruction for your guilt. Time is nothing in itself and it will be to you however you interpret its function.
5. The Two Emotions
1. You have only two emotions: Love and fear. Love is Changeless and continually exchanged, being offered by the Eternal to the Eternal. In this exchange Love is extended and It increases as It is extended. But fear has many forms because the content of individual illusions varies greatly, though they all have one thing in common: they are insane. They are made of sights and sounds that are not here. They make up a private world that cannot be extended. They are meaningful to you only in the personal mind where you make them, so they have no real meaning at all. In this world of illusion you move alone because only you perceive your own illusions.
2. You people the world that you perceive with projections from the personal selfís individual past and this is why private worlds differ. But the figures that you see were never real anyway because they were entirely made up of your own projections. You do not see that you made them and that they are not whole. These figures have no witnesses because they are perceived only in your separate mind.
3. Through these strange and shadowy projections you relate in insanity to your insane world. You see and relate only to the projections that you make from the personal mind. You communicate with what is not there and what is not there seems to answer you with what you gave them to answer you and only you believe in them. Projection makes perception and you cannot see beyond your projections. Again and again you attack others for your projections onto them. But you mustíve attacked yourself first because you are not really attacking others but you are attacking yourself by seeing yourself as a personal self. The only reality others have is in your own mind and when you attack others you are attacking what is not there.
4. In your delusions you can be very destructive because you do not recognize that you are condemning yourself. You may not wish to die but you will not let go of condemnation. So you separate into your private world where everything is disordered and where what is within your mind appears to be outside of you. But what is truly within you, you do not see and the Reality beyond your projections you cannot recognize.
5. You have only two emotions and in your private world you react to each as though it was the other. You cannot see Love in a world of separation because you will not recognize It. If you see your own hatred of yourself in another you are not seeing Love. You are drawn to what you ďloveĒ and you recoil from what you fear so you react to Real Love with fear and you draw away from It. Separation attracts you and, believing it is ďloveĒ, you call fear to you. Your private world is filled with projections of fear that you have invited and all the Real Love that you could see in their place you do not see.
6. If you look with honesty on the world that you perceive it must occur to you that you have withdrawn into insanity. You see what is not there and you hear what makes no sound. You fear Love and you love fear. You have no real connection and you are isolated and alone in your private personal mind. In your madness you overlook Reality completely and you perceive only your own split mind everywhere. God calls to you and you do not hear because you are preoccupied with the personal mindís voice. And you do not perceive with Christís Vision because you perceive only the projections of a private personal self.
7. Would you offer this to God? If you offer it to yourself you are offering it to God. But God will not return it to you because it is unworthy of you since it is unworthy of God. But God wants to release you from it and to set you free. The Holy Spirit is Godís Sane Answer and It tells you that what you offer to yourself is not true and that Godís Offer is unchanged. You know not what you do but you can learn that it is insane and look beyond it. Extension is the means given to you to learn how to deny insanity and to come out of your private world in Peace. You will learn that you have denied the Love that lies beyond your mindís projections because you have denied Love in yourself. You will extend Love in your perception, drawing yourself to Love and Love to you, perceiving Love as a Witness to the Reality that you share with God. Your Christ Mind is your entire mind and you will be drawn out of your private world as you unite your mind in Christ by perceiving only Christ. God welcomes your Wholeness in Gladness and gladness is what you should offer to God. Your Whole Mind is given to you to extend God as God extends God to you. You must extend God in place of your projections to recognize Godís Gift to you.
8. The Vision of your Christ Mind depends on your willingness to Truly See and you cannot Truly See when you deny your Christ Mind. You have made what you see in the private illusions of the personal mind. But let go of your denial and all that you have made you will no longer see because you can only see it by denying your Christ Mindís Vision. But your denial does not mean that you have lost the ability to see through your Christ Mind. It does mean that you accept insanity and believe that you can make a private world and rule your own perception. For this your Christ Mind must be excluded. Your illusions will disappear when you accept your Christ Mindís Vision and Truly See.
9. Do not seek to Truly See through the personal mind because you made its way of seeing so that you could see illusions to deceive yourself. Beyond your illusions, but still within you, is the Vision of your Christ Mind, Which looks on everything with Love. The personal mindís ďvisionĒ comes from fear but your Christ Mind sees for you as the Witness to your Real Perception. Your Christ Mind always looks on Real Perception and calls forth Witnesses to Itself. Your Christ Mind loves Its Self that It sees in you and wants to extend It. Your Christ Mind will not return to God until It has extended your Real Perception up to God. In God perception is gone because your Christ Mind has returned to God with you.
10. You have two emotions: fear that you made, and Love that was given to you by God. Each is a way of seeing and different perceptions arise from them. See through the Vision God has given to you because through your Christ Mindís Vision you will look on Christ and seeing Christ you will know God. Beyond your darkest illusions your Christ Mind sees Godís Innocence within you, Perfect and untouched by your illusions. This is What you will see when you look with your Christ Mind because your Christ Mindís Vision is Its Gift of Love to you, given to your Christ Mind from God for you.
11. Your Christ Mind is revealed to you through the Holy Spirit. If you want to perceive your Christ Mind you can perceive It because you have asked for Truth. You will not perceive your Christ Mind in the isolation of a personal mind because your Christ Mind is not limited to a personal mind. When you perceive your Christ Mind you will rise in It to God. You will understand this because you will look within and see beyond illusions to your Christ Mind and recognize God. In the Sanity of your Christ Mindís Vision you will look upon yourself with Love and see yourself as the Holy Spirit sees you. And with this Vision of the Truth in you comes all the Beauty of your Perceptions.
6. Finding the Present
1. For you to perceive Truly is for you to see your Real Perceptions through the awareness of your own Reality. But you cannot hold onto any illusions to do this because Reality has no room for error. This means that you must perceive only as you can perceive now. The past has no reality in the present so you cannot see it. The personal selfís past reactions are also not here and if it is to them that you react you will see only an image of the past that you have made and that you cherish. As you question illusions ask yourself if it is really sane to perceive the past as though it is happening now. If you remember the personal selfís past as you look at the world you will be unable to perceive your Real Perceptions.
2. You consider it ďnaturalĒ to use the personal selfís past experience to judge the present. But this is unnatural because it is delusional. When you have learned to perceive with no reference to the past at all you will be able to learn from your Real Perceptions, Which you can see now. The past can hold no illusion over the present unless you are afraid of Truth. Only if you are will you choose illusions and, by holding them in your mind, see them as a veil that conceals your Real Perceptions from your sight.
3. This veil of illusions is in your mind. The Christ that you can see now has no past because your Christ Mind is Changeless and in your Christ Mindís Changelessness lies your release. Your Christ Mind is One with God and there is no guilt in your Christ Mind. Guilt cannot obscure your Christ Mind and Christ is revealed to you everywhere because you can see Christ through the Christ Mind in you. For you to be ďborn againĒ is for you to let go of the personal selfís past and to look without guilt and condemnation on the present. The illusions that obscure your Christ Mind to you are past and if you want them to be past and gone you must not see them now. If you see the past in your illusions now the past has not gone from you, although it is not here.
4. Time can free as well as limit, depending on whether you use the Holy Spiritís or the personal mindís interpretation of it. Past, present, and future are not continuous unless you force continuity on them and perceive them that way for yourself. Do not be deceived and believe that that is how time is. To believe that reality is what you want it to be according to your use for it is delusional. You break time into past, present, and future for the personal mindís purposes. You anticipate and plan for the future based on the personal selfís past experiences. This aligns past and future and doesnít allow the experience of the miracle, which intervenes between past and future now, to free you to be born again.
5. Your experience of the miracle enables you to see others in the world that you perceive without your projections of the personal selfís past and so your perceptions are born again. All of your errors are past and by perceiving others without your projections of error onto them you release your entire mind. Do not let your illusions of the past block the Truth in the present and you will find the Truth that is here. You have looked for Truth where It is not and so you have not found It. Learn to seek for the Truth in the present and you will see the Truth. You made the personal selfís past in anger and if you use it to attack the present you will not see the freedom that the present holds for you.
6. Your self-judgment and condemnation are behind you and, unless you bring them with you into the present, you will see that you are free of them. Look Lovingly at the present because it holds the Truth. All of your healing lies in the present because Truthís continuity is real. Every healing that you accept extends to your entire mind at once and enables it to be One. God is, before time was, and God will be again in your awareness when time is no more for you. Now all things are Timeless and therefore Eternal and One. There is no separation in the present. Only the past can separate and it is nowhere.
7. The present offers you the Love that unites your mind and frees you from the past. Do not hold the personal selfís past against anyone or anything in the world that you perceive. If you do you are choosing to remain in illusions and refusing the Love that is offered to you. The Love of Perfect Vision is freely given to you and you must freely receive It; It can only be accepted by you without limits. Now, in this one, still dimension of time that does not change and where you hold no idea of what you were, you look at Christ and call to you Witnesses to your Christ Mind. They will not deny the Truth in you because you looked for the Truth and found It within.
8. Now is the time of your salvation because now is your release from time. Extend Godís Love everywhere and touch everything with your Christ Mind. In Timeless Union your Mind is Continuous and Unbroken because It is wholly extended. Godís Innocent Extension is only Love. There are no illusions in It because It is Whole. Call on all that you perceive to witness to the Wholeness of Godís Extension as your Christ Mind calls to you to be One. Everything that you perceive has a part in your correction, in gladness and thanksgiving for the Love of God. The Holy Love that extends from you is the Witness that your Love is Godís Love.
9. Extend Godís Love everywhere in remembrance of God because you remember God as you call forth Witnesses to Godís Love. Every extension that you make to heal your perception of separation witnesses to your healing because in them you see your own Wholeness. As your gratitude rises to God, God will return your thanks to you through the Holy Spirit, Which is the Answer to your call. You will always be answered by God. Godís Call to you is your call to God. And in the Holy Spirit you are answered by Godís Peace.
10. You who are One with Love do not know that Love is in you. But you will find It through Its Witnesses because by extending Love you will find It returned to you. Each time you replace a projection of the personal mind with Love you bring Love closer to your full awareness. Love always leads to Love. The personal mindís projections of separation are your call for Love and when you supply Love in their place you will be filled with gratitude and Joy. The personal mindís projections are your guides to Joy because when you replace them with Love, Love remains. You establish these projections as guides to Peace because you make Peace manifest in their place. And Peaceís Beauty calls you Home.
11. There is a Love that the world that you perceive cannot give. But you can give It because It was given to you by God. As you extend Godís Love It calls you to follow It out of your perception of a world. This Love attracts you as nothing in the world can. You will lay aside the world of the personal mind and find your Real Perceptions. Your Real Perceptions are bright with the Love that you have extended to Them. Everything in your Real Perceptions reminds you of God and your Oneness with God. Love is Limitless and It spreads across your Real Perceptions in Quiet Joy. All of the personal mindís projections will be replaced by your extensions of Love and you will Love them in gratitude because they brought you to Love. The Love in you will join with the Love that you extend in your perception with a Power so compelling that your entire mind will be drawn out of illusions.
12. To become aware of your Christ Mind is to follow the Law of Love and Free Will because the Truth is in Them. The attraction of Love must attract you willingly and your willingness is signified by your extension of Love. Your extensions of Love become your willing Witnesses to the Love within you by reflecting Love back to you. In illusions you are alone and separate from the rest of your mind and your awareness is narrowed to a personal self. That is why it is a nightmare. You have an illusion of isolation because you are in denial. You do not see your entire mind because in your illusions of a world of separation you do not see your Love in your mindís perceptions.
13. But the Law of Love is not suspended because you are in denial. You have followed this Law even in your illusions and have been faithful in your extension of Love because you are not a personal self alone. Even in denial your Christ Mind ensures your Real Perceptions when you are ready to be aware of Them. Your Christ Mind has extended Christ for you and to you. In Truth you are still as Loving as God, One with God, and with no past to keep you apart from God. So you have never ceased to be Godís Extension. Although you have denied It, your Christ Mindís Vision has not left you. And so you can call Witnesses to you to teach you that your denial is not real.
7. The Attainment of the Real World
1. Sit quietly and look at the world that you perceive and tell yourself: ďMy Real Perception is not like this. It has no buildings and there are no streets where people walk alone and separate. There are no stores where people buy an endless list of things they do not need. It is not lit with artificial light and night does not come upon It. There is no day that brightens and then grows dim. There is no loss. The Love there extends Forever.Ē
2. You must deny the world that you perceive because seeing it costs you your Real Perception. You cannot perceive both the world and your Real Perception because each of them involves a different type of perceiving and each depends on what you cherish. You can perceive one because you have denied the other. They do not both reflect Truth but either one will be as real to you as you hold it dear. Their power is not the same because their real attraction to you is unequal.
3. You do not really want the world that you perceive because it has always disappointed you. Its homes do not shelter you and its roads lead nowhere. None of its cities can withstand the crumbling assault of time and everything in it has the mark of death upon it. Do not hold it dear because it is old and tired and ready to return to the dust out of which you made it. The aching world does not have the power to touch your Real Perception at all. You cannot give it that power and, even though you turn from it in sadness, you cannot find in it the way that leads to your Real Perception.
4. Yet because you love your Real Perception It can touch you even in the world that you perceive. What you call with Love will come to you. Love always answers you because It is unable to deny your call for help and your cries of pain that arise to It from your perception of a world of separation that you do not really want. All that you need to give up your perception of a world of separation and exchange it for your Real Perception is your willingness to learn that the world that you made shows you a lie.
5. You have been wrong about Reality because you have misjudged yourself. From a twisted reference point you see a twisted world. All seeing starts with you, the perceiver, and you judge what is true and what is false for you. What you judge as false you will not see. You have judged Reality and you cannot see It because when you judge, Reality slips away. What is out of your mind is out of your sight because what you deny in your mind is there but not recognized by you. Christ is still in your mind although you do not know it. But Christís Being does not depend on your recognition. Your Christ Mind lives within you in the Quiet Present and waits for you to leave the past behind and accept the Real Perception that your Christ Mind holds out to you in Love.
6. Even in the distracted world that you perceive you have had glimpses of your Real Perception. But while you value the personal mindís perception of the world you will deny your Real Perception while maintaining that you love a world that you cannot love. And you wonít follow the road that Real Love so gladly leads you upon. As you follow your Christ Mind you will rejoice that you are Whole and that you have learned of your Christ Mind the Joyful journey Home. You only wait for yourself. It is your Will to give over the personal mindís sad world and exchange your errors for the Peace of God. Your Christ Mind will always offer you Godís Will in recognition that you share Godís Will.
7. It is Godís Will that nothing touch you but God and nothing else can approach you. You are as safe from pain as God is and God watches over you in everything. Your Real Perception surrounds you and shines with Godís Love because in Truth you are in God, Where there is no pain but Love Which surrounds you without end or flaw. Your Peace can never be disturbed. In Perfect Sanity you can look on Love because It is all around you and within you. You will deny the world of pain that you perceive the moment that you perceive the Arms of Love around you. From this Point of Safety you can look quietly around yourself and recognize that your Real Perception is with you.
8. Only in your perception of a personal selfís past can you not understand Godís Love. The Peace of God is here and you can understand It now. God loves you Forever and you return Godís Love Forever. Your Real Perception is the way to remember that God is the One Thing that is Wholly True and wholly yours. Everything else you have lent yourself in time and it will all fade. But God is always yours, being Godís Gift to you. Your One Reality is given to you in your Oneness with God.
9. You will first perceive Peace and then become fully aware of It. Your first exchange of what you made for What you want is the exchange of the personal mindís projections for Perceptions of Love. These are your Real Perceptions because the Holy Spirit corrects at the level of perception. God does not need correction but your corrected Perceptions of Love lead to God. In your Perceptions of Love there is nothing for you to fear and so they welcome God. Love waits on your welcome, not on time, so your Real Perception is your welcome of What always is. The Call of Joy is in your Real Perception and your Happy Response is your full awareness of What you have not lost.
10. Thank God for your Perfect Sanity. God knows that you do not need anything in Heaven because Eternity does not lack. But scarcity is all that you can perceive in a world of separation because you lack God there. You can only find yourself with the Holy Spirit in the world that you perceive because the Holy Spirit is the Mediator between the world of scarcity and your Real Perception. The Holy Spirit knows what you need and what will not hurt you. Ownership is a dangerous concept of the personal mind because the personal mind tells you to want things for your salvation and possession is its law. Possession for its own sake is the personal mindís fundamental creed, part of the foundation of its thought system. It demands that you get what it tells you that you need to be whole and then it leaves you no joy in them.
11. Everything that the personal mind tells you that you need will hurt you. Although the personal mind tells you over and over again to get, it leaves you nothing because what you get it wants to validate itself. Once you get what it tells you to seek, whatever it is will fade into emptiness because where the personal mind sees salvation it sees separation. So you lose by whatever you get to appease the personal mind. Do not ask the personal mind what you need because it does not know and its advice will hurt you. What you think that you need in your identification with a personal mind will merely tighten up the world that you perceive against Love. And you will be unwilling to question the value of what the world can hold for you.
12. Only the Holy Spirit knows what you need and It will give you all things that do not block your way to Love. This is all that you can need. In time the Holy Spirit gives you all the things that you need and the Holy Spirit will renew them as long as you have need of them. Nothing will be taken from you as long as you have need of it. But the Holy Spirit knows that what you need in the world that you perceive is temporary and that it will only last until you realize that all your needs are fulfilled in God. So the Holy Spirit has no investment in what It supplies, except to be sure the you will not use it to linger in time. The Holy Spirit knows that you are not at home in the world that you perceive and It wills there be no delay to your Joyous Homecoming.
13. Leave your needs to the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit will supply your needs without any emphasis on them. What comes to you from the Holy Spirit comes to you safely because the Holy Spirit will ensure that it can never become a hidden attachment that keeps you in separation. Under the Holy Spiritís guidance you will journey lightly because the Holy Spiritís Sight is always on the journeyís Goal. No world is your Home and no matter how Holy your perception becomes in the world it cannot hold All that God gives to you. Within you, you have no needs because Love needs nothing but to be in Peace and to extend Peace into Infinity from Itself.
14. Whenever you are tempted to walk away from Love by following the personal mind remember What you really want and say to yourself:
The Holy Spirit leads me to Christ, Where I want to go. My only need is to be aware of my Christ Mind.
15. Then follow the Holy Spirit in Joy, with faith that It will lead you safely through all threats to your Peace of mind that the world that you perceive may set before you. Do not worship sacrifice and do not seek what certainly leads to loss for you. Be content with What you will certainly keep and do not be restless because you undertake a Quiet journey to God, Where God wants you to be in Quietness.
16. In your Christ Mind you have already overcome every temptation to be separate from God that can hold you back. Your Christ Mind is with you as you walk in a Quietness that is the Gift of God. Hold your Christ Mind dear because you need only your Christ Mind. With your Christ Mind you will find the Peace of mind you must extend through your entire mind. The Holy Spirit will teach you to be aware of yourself in your Oneness with Christ. This is your only real need to be fulfilled in time and salvation from the world that you perceive lies only here. Your Christ Mind gives you Peace, so take It in glad exchange for all that the world offers but which leaves you empty. Through your Christ Mind extend Peace to all that you perceive to replace the world and all thoughts of separation.
17. You can only accept correction of your perception of separation from God with your entire mind. Your Christ Mindís job is not done until your entire mind is lifted to Christ. Your Whole Mind, Which is your Christ Mindís Gift to you, is Godís Gift to your Christ Mind in Oneness. Christ will banish all sorrow from your mind, where sorrow cannot abide. In time you need healing because Joy cannot establish Its Eternal Reign where sorrow dwells. You do not dwell in sorrow but in Eternity. You are safe at Home but you seem to travel through illusions. Give thanks to every Perception through which you have taught yourself to remember your Self. Thus you give thanks to God for your Purity.
8. From Perception to Knowledge
1. All healing is your release from the personal selfís past so the Holy Spirit is the only Healer. The Holy Spirit teaches you that the past does not exist, which is a fact in God but which you cannot understand while you perceive yourself in a world. The world would not exist for you if you knew this. The Mind in you that wholly knows this is in Eternity and It does not use perception at all so It does not consider ďwhereĒ It is because ďwhereĒ does not mean anything to It. This Mind in you knows that It is Everywhere, Everything, and Forever.
2. The very real difference between perception and God is obvious if you consider this: There is nothing incomplete about God. Every Part of God is Whole and therefore no Part is separate. Being in Godís Mind you are Part of God. All of God is yours because you are in God. Even at its highest level, perception is never complete. Even your Perception of the Holy Spirit, Which is as Perfect as perception can be, is without meaning in Heaven. Your Perception of the Holy Spirit will extend to be all that you perceive because the Vision of your Christ Mind perceives everything in Love. But no perception, no matter how Holy, will last Forever.
3. Perfect Perception has many aspects in common with God and It makes your mind ready for God. After your perception is wholly corrected the Last Step, Which seems to be in the future, is taken by God because your Oneness with God has always been. Your perception of separation has not interrupted Godís Oneness; it is merely a false reality in your mind that has no real effect at all. Your experience of the miracle, which you donít need in Heaven, you need while you perceive a world. You can still perceive Reflections of Reality in the world through your extension of Godís Love to replace unreality. You can see Godís Love everywhere and in everything but only God can
4. The Holy Spirit has no function apart from God and you. It is not separate from either, being in your mind and in Godís Mind, because It knows that your minds are One. The Holy Spirit is the Thought of God in your mind and God has given you the Holy Spirit because God extends Its Thoughts everywhere. The Holy Spiritís message speaks of Timelessness in time and that is why your Christ Mindís Vision looks on everything with Love. But even your Christ Mindís Vision is not Reality. The Loving Reflections of Reality that you see through your Christ Mind are only partial glimpses of the Heaven that lies beyond perception.
5. The miracle of Creation is that It is One Forever. Every extension of Godís Love that you offer is one True Perception of a Reflection of the Whole of God. Even though every Reflection of God is Whole you cannot see This until you perceive that This Reflection is the same Reflection everywhere in everything in your mind and that It is therefore One. Every projection of the past that you replace with Godís Love brings you closer to the end of time by bringing healing Vision into your mind. This enables you to use your Real Perception. Love must come into all that you perceive to bring your Christ Mindís Vision to it. Help your Christ Mind to extend Love to be all that you perceive and let your Christ Mind gather your entire mind into Its Quiet Vision.
6. Everything in your Mind is equally Beautiful and Holy. Your Christ Mind will offer all of your Real Perceptions to God as you have offered Them all to your Christ Mind. There is only one miracle because there is only One Reality. Every extension of Love that you make contains every other extension of Love that you have made because every Reflection of Reality that you see blends quietly into the Reality of Godís Oneness. You are the only miracle that ever was, at One in the Reality that is God. Your Christ Mindís Vision is Godís Gift to you. Christís Being is Godís Gift to your Christ Mind.
7. Be content with healing yourself because you can bestow your Christ Mindís Vision on all that your mind perceives and you cannot lose Christís Being. Offer your Christ Mindís Vision to everything because miracles that you offer through the Holy Spirit through your mindís perception attune your mind to Reality. The Holy Spirit knows what you need to do in the world that you perceive to undo your perception that you are separate from God. Reality is beyond your concern as long as you perceive yourself as a separate self. You who are One with God only need to realize that God is Reality and that what you have made is not. The part you seem to play in the world that you perceive will lead to correction of your perception that you are separate from God by re-establishing Oneness in your mind.
8. When all that you perceive is Oneness you will be released to God, having learned through the Holy Spirit to free yourself from the world that you perceive. Unite with your Christ Mind through the Holy Spiritís teaching and as you grow in the Power of your Christ Mind you will leave nothing untouched and separate. Suddenly time will be over and your entire mind will unite in the Eternity of God. The Holy Love that you perceived in a world that seemed outside of you will be returned to you. Knowing that Godís Love is in you, your Extension of Godís Love will be with you as you are in God.
9. As miracles join your mind by extending Love to be all that you perceive so does your Extension of God establish you as One with God in Heaven. As an Extension of God you Witness to God, as your Extension of God Witnesses to your Oneness with God. Deny an opportunity to exchange a projection of the personal mind with an extension of Godís Love in the world that you perceive and you deny the Witnesses to your Oneness with God in Heaven. The miracle that you are in your Oneness with God is Perfect, as are the miracles that you extend in the world that you perceive. You do not need healing when you accept Godís Love because this miracle is your healing.
10. But your Perfection has no witness in the world of separation that you perceive. God knows your Perfection but you do not know It in the world, so you do not share Godís Witnesses. And you do not witness to God because Reality is witnessed to as One. God awaits your Witness to your Christ Mind and to God. Your extensions of Godís Love in the world that you perceive are lifted up to God in Heaven. They witness to What you do not know and as they reach Heaven God will open Heavenís Gate for you. God will never leave Part of Itself outside of Heaven and beyond Itself.
9. The Cloud of Guilt
1. Your guilt is the only thing that hides God from you because your guilt is your attack upon your Oneness with God. When you believe that you are guilty you condemn yourself and you project your condemnation into the future, linking the future to the past as is the personal mindís law. Your fidelity to this law lets no Love into your mind because it is your fidelity to illusions and forbids your awareness of God. The personal mindís laws are strict and it severely punishes any breaches. Do not give obedience to these laws because they are the laws of punishment. If you follow them it is because you believe that you are guilty of separating from God and you condemn yourself for it. Between the past and the future the Law of God intervenes for you to free yourself. Correction stands between them with the Love that undoes all of your illusions of separation from God.
2. Release yourself from guilt and completely undo the personal mind. Do not project guilt and condemnation onto others or you will make yourself fearful because by obeying the personal mindís harsh commandments you bring condemnation on yourself and you will not escape the punishment that the personal mind offers. The personal mind rewards your fidelity to it with pain because your faith in the personal mind is pain. Your faith is always rewarded in the terms of the belief in which you place your faith. Your faith is the power behind your belief and where you invest your faith determines your reward. You always put faith in what you treasure because what you treasure is returned to you.
3. The world is nothing but your projection and it can give you only what you have projected or extended to it. Its meaning is the meaning that you have given to it. Be faithful to illusions and you will see nothing because your faith is rewarded as you give it. You will accept what you treasure and if you put your faith in the personal selfís past your future will be like it. Whatever you hold dear you think is yours because the power of your valuing will make it so to you.
4. Correction of your perception of separation from God means you must re-evaluate everything you cherish because this is the means by which the Holy Spirit within you can separate Truth from illusion. You have accepted both into your mind without distinguishing between them so you value them both and guilt has become as true for you as Innocence. You do not believe that you are Innocent because you see the personal selfís past and you do not see your Oneness with God. When you condemn another you are saying: ďI who was guilty choose to remain soĒ. When you project guilt onto another you are denying your own freedom from guilt. You can easily see freedom from the personal selfís past instead by extending Godís Love in place of your projections and lift guilt from your entire mind. As you release all that you perceive from guilt you find your own freedom from guilt.
5. Do not reinforce guilt in another because any guilt that you see is a projection of your own mind. Teach yourself that guilt is a delusion. The idea that you who are One with God and Innocent can attack yourself and make yourself guilty is insane. In any form anywhere do not believe that guilt is real. Your belief in sin and in guilt is the same and your belief in one is your faith in the other, calling for punishment instead of Love. Nothing justifies insanity and calling for punishment on yourself is insane.
6. Deny guilt everywhere and you will affirm the Truth of your Innocence. In every condemnation that you offer anywhere in the world that you perceive in your mind lies your conviction of your own guilt. If you want your Christ Mind to free you of guilt accept your Christ Mindís correction of your perception that you are separate from God throughout your entire mind. This is how you will learn that you are Innocent. It is impossible for you to condemn only some perceptions and not condemn your entire mind. If you see guilt anywhere it witnesses to guilt in you and you will feel it is within you because your belief in your guilt is there until it is undone. Guilt is always in your mind, which has condemned itself. Do not project it or it cannot be undone within you. Your every exchange of Godís Love for a projection of guilt brings great Joy to Heaven Where the Witnesses to your Oneness with God rejoice.
7. Even one spot of guilt that you see within your mind makes you blind to Love. When you project guilt you see a world of illusions shrouded in your guilt and you become unable to look within because you know that you will find there the guilt you are trying not to see. But guilt is not there, either. The guilt you fear is gone. If you truly look within you will see correction of your perception that you are separate from God shining in the Quiet and the Peace of your Christ Mind.
8. Do not be afraid to look within. The personal mind tells you that all is dark with guilt within you and tells you to not look. It tells you to look on guilt in others instead. But you cannot do this without remaining blind to Love. When you see guilt in others it is because you are too afraid to look within, believing that the guilt is really there. But it is not there, though you put your faith in it. Within you is the Holy Spirit, the Holy Sign of Perfect Faith that God has in you. God does not value you as you do. God knows Itself and God knows the Truth in you and God knows there is no difference because God does not know of anything different from God. You cannot see guilt Where God sees Perfect Innocence. You can deny Godís Knowledge but you cannot change It. Look upon the Love God placed in you and learn that the guilt you feared was there has been replaced.
10. Release from Guilt
1. You are used to the idea that your mind can see the source of your pain where it is not. This displacement is to hide that the real source of guilt is within your own mind and to keep you unaware that the idea of guilt is insane. Displacement is maintained by your belief that guilt is true and so your attention must be diverted from the true source onto something less fearful to you. You are willing to look on all sorts of ďsourcesĒ for guilt as long as they do not bear any relationship to the deeper source: your mind.
2. You cannot relate with insane ideas and this is why they are insane. No real relationship can rest on guilt or hold one spot of it to mar its purity. All relationships in the world that you perceive on which you have projected guilt you use to avoid the person and your guilt. You have made strange relationships for this strange purpose. The only Real Relationship is between your Christ Mind and the Christ that It extends in your perception, and this Relationship is Holy and cannot be used by the personal mind. It is used by the Holy Spirit and it is this that makes It Pure. If you displace your guilt onto relationships in the world that you perceive the Holy Spirit cannot use them because by using them for the personal mindís ends you prevent the Holy Spirit from using them for your release through your extension of Godís Love. You will not find release from the world that you perceive in any relationship in which you join with another for your individual ďsalvationĒ. What is for you alone as a personal self cannot be extended and so it is not real.
3. In any relationship with another where you attempt to make them guilty, or to see guilt in them, or to share guilt with them you will feel guilty. You will not find satisfaction and Peace in that relationship because your Relationship with Christ will not be real to you. You will see guilt in that relationship because you have projected it there. It is inevitable that when you feel guilt you will try to displace it elsewhere because you believe it is real. Even though you suffer you will not look within and let go of guilt. You will not know that you love and you will not know what real loving is. You primary concern will be to perceive the source of guilt outside of you and out of your control.
4. When you maintain that you are guilty for something that the personal self did in the past you are not looking within. The past is not in you. Your weird associations to the past have no meaning in the present but you let them stand between you and your Christ Mind and you do not form any real relationships. You cannot expect to use others to ďsolveĒ the past and to still see Christ in place of your projections on them. You will not find salvation by using others to solve problems that are not here. You didnít want salvation in the past so why do you impose your idle wishes on the present and hope to find salvation now?
5. Determine to be not as you were. Do not use any relationship to hold you to the personal selfís past but with each one be born again by extending your Christ Mind to it. An instant will be enough to free you from the personal selfís past and to give your mind over to correction of your perception that you are separate from God. When you welcome your Christ Mind as you want to be welcomed by God you will not see guilt. You will have accepted correction, which was within you always when you thought that you were guilty and would not look within and see it.
6. As long as you believe that guilt is justified in any way in anyone you will not look within where you will always find correction for your belief in guilt. Guilt will end for you when you find there is no reason for it. You must learn that guilt is always insane because it has no justification. The Holy Spirit is not seeking to dispel reality. If guilt were real there could be no correction. The purpose of correction is to dispel illusions, like guilt, not to make them real and then to try to forgive them.
7. The Holy Spirit does not keep illusions in your mind to frighten you and then to fearfully demonstrate to you what It has saved you from. What the Holy Spirit saves you from is gone. Do not give reality to guilt or see any justification for it. The Holy Spirit has always done what God wants It to do. The Holy Spirit sees your belief in your separation from God but knows of your Oneness with God. It teaches you healing because It knows of Oneness. The Holy Spirit wants you to see and teach yourself healing through the Holy Spirit. What the Holy Spirit knows you do not yet remember, though It is yours.
8. Now it is given you to heal and to teach; to make What is, now. But It does not seem to be now because you believe that you are lost in guilt, alone in a frightening world where pain is pressing on you from all over. But when you look within and see Love there you will remember how much God loves you. And it will seem unbelievable to you that you ever thought that God did not love you and looked at you with condemnation. The moment that you realize that guilt is insane and wholly unjustified you will not fear to look within and accept the correction of your perception that you are separate from God.
9. You have been unmerciful to yourself and so you do not remember Godís Love for you. Looking unmercifully upon the world in your mind you do not remember how much you love God. But your love for God is Forever True. In Peace within you is the Perfect Purity of your Oneness with God. Do not fear to look at the Lovely Truth within you. Look through the cloud of guilt that dims your True Vision and look past your illusions to the Holy Place Where you will see Godís Love. Your Mind is as Pure as Godís Mind. Nothing can keep you from What your Christ Mind wants you to see. Christís Will is Godís Will and your Christ Mind offers mercy to all that you perceive, as your Christ Mind wants you to do.
10. If you want to be released from guilt you must release all of your perceptions of guilt. There is no other way for you to look within and see the Love that is there as certainly as God loves you and you love God. There is no fear in Love because Love is guiltless. You who have always loved God have no reason to fear looking within and seeing your Holiness. Your guilt is unjustified because it is not in the Mind of God, Where you are. This is the awareness to which the Holy Spirit wants to restore you. The Holy Spirit only removes illusions; All Else the Holy Spirit wants you to see. In your Christ Mindís Vision the Holy Spirit wants to show you the Perfect Purity that is Forever within you.
11. You cannot enter into a real relationship with anything but Christ, Which you must love as your entire mind. Love is not special and if you single out individuals to love to the exclusion of your Christ Mind you are making relationships about guilt and unreality. You can love only as God loves because there is no Love apart from Godís Love. Until you recognize this as Truth you will have no idea What Love is. When you single out another for special-love you make the personal self real to you and you feel guilty. You do not see your Innocence and that you are in the Peace of God. You are delusional and not seeing yourself as you are. Say to yourself:
Let me look on my Christ Mindís Holiness and be grateful that I cannot be guilty of separating from God.
12. No illusion that you have ever held has touched your Christ Mindís Innocence in any way. Christís Purity, wholly untouched by guilt and wholly Loving, is within you. Look upon Christ with your entire mind and love Christ. In your love of Christ is your Innocence. Look upon your Self within with gratitude and happiness because What you see will banish guilt Forever. Thank You, God, for the Purity of my Christ Mind, Which is One with You and Innocent Forever.
13. Like you, your Christ Mindís faith and belief are centered on what It treasures. The difference is that your Christ Mind loves only What God loves. Therefore your Christ Mind treasures you more than you treasure yourself in your identification with a personal self; your Christ Mind treasures you as much as God does. Your Christ Mind loves All that is One with God and offers all of Its faith and belief to Godís Oneness. Your Christ Mindís faith in you is as strong as the Love It gives God. Its faith in you is without limit and without the fear that you will not hear It. Your Christ Mind thanks God for your Loveliness and for the many extensions of Love that you let your Christ Mind offer for you to remember Godís Oneness.
14. Praise be to you who make Godís Wholeness complete. Isolated in a personal mind you are lowly but with your Christ Mind your Love is so Great that you cannot even conceive of It in the isolation of a personal mind. Before the Oneness of God your guilt melts away and is replaced by Kindness. Every reaction that you experience in your awareness of your Oneness with God will be so purified it will praise God. See only the Love of God everywhere because God will never cease to love you. With your mind united in praise to God you stand before Heaven, Where you are sure to enter in your Innocence. God loves you. To love God perfectly your Christ Mind must have complete faith in you.
11. The Peace of Heaven
1. Denial and illusions and death are the personal mindís best advice to you for dealing with the harsh intrusion of your perceived guilt. In your split mind you see yourself ravaged by conflict because you see both Truth and illusion as real. You feel you must escape this conflict somehow because it destroys your peace and could destroy you. But if you realize that the conflict is between Real and unreal powers you can look within and see your Freedom. You will no longer see yourself as torn and ravaged when you recognize that the conflict that you perceive is without meaning.
2. God does not want you in conflict and so your imagined ďenemyĒ is totally unreal. You are trying to escape from a conflict that you have escaped. Your conflict is over because you have heard the Holy Spirit. Your gratitude and Joy belong to God for your release because you did not make Freedom but you also have not made any conflict that can endanger your Freedom. Nothing destructive ever was or ever will be. Your conflict, your guilt, and the personal selfís past are all gone as one into the unreality from which they came.
3. When your mind is united and in Heaven you will value nothing that you have valued in the world that you perceive. You do not value anything in the world wholly so you do not value it at all. Value is in Heaven, Where God places Value, and you cannot judge the Value of Heaven because God has established Its Value. Heaven is wholly of Value and you can appreciate It or not but for you to partially value It is for you to not value It at all. In Heaven is Everything that God values and nothing else. Heaven is Unified and Clear and It calls forth only one response: extension. There are no illusions, no conflict, and no variations in Heaven. It is continuous. In Heaven there is a Peace so deep that no illusion in the world that you perceive has ever brought you even a dim imagining of It.
4. Nothing in the world that you perceive can give you the Peace of Heaven because nothing in the world is wholly extended. Perfect Perception can merely show you that only Godís Love is capable of being wholly extended. It can also show you the results of extending Godís Love while you still remember the results of not extending It. The Holy Spirit quietly points to the contrast, knowing that you will let It judge the difference for you so It can demonstrate that only Godís Love is True. The Holy Spirit has perfect faith in your final judgment because the Holy Spirit knows that It will make it for you. For you to doubt this is for you to doubt that the Holy Spiritís Mission can be fulfilled and this is not possible because the Holy Spiritís
5. Your mind is darkened by doubt and guilt but remember this: God has given the Holy Spirit to you to remove all doubt and every trace of guilt that you have laid upon yourself. It is impossible that this
6. In Heaven you will not remember change and shift. You need contrast only in the world that you perceive. Contrast and differences are necessary learning aids because by them you learn what to avoid and what to seek. When you have learned What to seek you will find the Answer that makes your need for differences disappear. Truth comes to Its Own of Its Own Will. When you have learned that you belong to Truth It will flow lightly over you without variation of any kind because you will not need contrast to teach you that Truth and only Truth is What you want. Do not fear that the Holy Spirit will fail in what God has given It to do. The Will of God cannot fail.
7. Have faith only in this and it will be enough: God Wills you be in Heaven and nothing can keep you from It or It from you. Your wildest misperceptions, your weird imaginings, and your darkest illusions all mean nothing. They will not succeed against the Peace that God wills for you. The Holy Spirit will restore your Sanity because insanity is not the Will of God. That is enough for God and so It is enough for you. You will not keep what God wants removed because it interferes with your communication with God. You will hear Godís Voice.
8. The Communication Link that God placed within you to join your mind with Its Own cannot be broken. You may believe that you want It broken and this belief does interfere with you knowing the deep Peace Which is the Sweet and Constant Communication that God extends to you. But Godís Channels of reaching out cannot be wholly closed and separated from God. Peace will be yours again because Godís Peace still flows to you from Godís Will. You have Peace now. The Holy Spirit will teach you how to extend It to learn that It is in you. God wills you Heaven and will always will you only this. The Holy Spirit knows only of Godís Will. There is no chance that Heaven will not be yours again because God is sure and What God wills is as sure as God.
9. You will learn salvation by learning how to extend salvation. You cannot exempt yourself from what the Holy Spirit will teach you. Your salvation is as sure as God and Godís Certainty is enough. Learn that even the darkest illusion that disturbs your mind in your denial of God has no power over you. You will learn to be aware of God again. God watches over you and Godís Love surrounds you.
10. You cannot lose yourself in illusions when God has placed within you the Call to undo them and be Happy. You cannot separate yourself from What is within you and your denial will not withstand the Call of God. Your mission of correction will be fulfilled as surely as your Oneness with God remains unchanged throughout Eternity. You do not have to know that Heaven is so to make it yours. It is so. Yet to know it you must accept the Will of God as your will.
11. The Holy Spirit will undo for you everything that you have learned that teaches you that what is not true must be made into truth. This is the union that the personal mind wants to substitute for your re-union with Sanity and Peace. The Holy Spirit has a very different kind of
|Copyright 2009 Elizabeth A. Cronkhite|