|The Message of A Course in Miracles: A Translation of the Text in Plain Language|
Chapter 7: The Gifts of the Kingdom
1. The Last Step
1. In your split mind part of your mind seems to be separate from God but your mind is always really One with God. As an Extension of God you are as Limitless as God - but you extend God, God does not extend you. This is the only difference between your mind and Godís Mind.
2. God is your Source and you extend God but you cannot be Godís source. God is not limited to your God-like Mind but for God to extend everywhere God must extend through your God-like Mind. This is your Oneness with God. When you extend only Godís Love in your awareness you remember that you are One with God.
3. The Love that you extend is Part of you as you are Part of God. Love cannot be contained and It must extend Everywhere to be What It is. Love is Limitless and extends Forever in Eternity with God Where It has always been, as God has always been. The Love that you extend is Godís Love and It is Eternal because you are.
4. The personal self is competitive and demanding, not Loving. It does not understand Oneness but bargains with others to be sure that what it gets is equal to or greater than what it gives. But to really gain you must give what you want to keep it in your awareness. When you bargain with others you imply that you must get something outside of you to be whole, and this is not of God. To be Whole like God is to extend God as God does. God does not limit What God gives because God is not limited.
5. Jesus gave only Godís Love because that was What He believed He was. What you believe you are determines what you give and if you believe that you are One with God then you must extend God as God extends God. Joy and Eternity are the same. God extends without limits and beyond time and as you are One with God you extend Godís Love without limits and Eternally. You are Eternal, in Peace and Joy Forever.
6. To think like God is to be certain of What you are and to extend like God is to extend Godís Love as God extends Love to you. This is where the Holy Spirit leads you so that your Joy will be complete as you recognize that you are Whole. The last step in your remembering God is your knowing only God again. This is hard to explain because Truth is beyond explanation. But the Holy Spirit can transform the ideas that you have made into something useful and can clarify the idea of the ďlast stepĒ:
7. God does not take steps because God is already Whole. God does not teach because God does not change. God does nothing last because God is the Beginning in that God is the Source of All and because God does not live in time but in Eternity. The ďlast stepĒ that God takes, then, is not a step. When you let go of what has never been What has Forever been is not changed but continues as It always has. God does not hide This from you because it is Godís Will to share It with you. It has never been withheld from you.
2. The Law of the Kingdom
1. Your healing is the only kind of thinking in the world that you perceive that resembles Godís Thoughts and that can easily transfer to God. When you perceive sickness as real, in you or in another, you believe it is possible to be in need. Separation then becomes real to you. God does not make sickness or separation and you cannot know that you are One with God when what is not of God is real to you.
2. To heal you correct your perception by choosing to see the Holy Spirit as Real instead of separate selves as real. This restores God in your perception so that you know you are Whole again. Your extension of Oneness reflects the Oneness of God. It is the unchanging Law of Mind, in your perception of a world and in God, that what you project or extend is real to you. But the thoughts of the personal mind, which govern your perception of a world for you, are different from Godís Thoughts. So in your perception of a world where you have the choice to listen to either the personal mind or the Holy Spirit your thoughts can result in diametrically opposed experiences for you.
3. In God the Law of Mind extends God because God is Reality. In your perception of a world the Law is adapted to ďYou project what you believe is true.Ē This is the teaching form of the Law because outside of God you lack and so you have to learn. You therefore teach yourself what you are and you learn what you are from what you project onto your perceptions of others and the world. There is no teaching and learning in God because God is Whole and Certain. God extending God is the Law of Creation by which you were created and by which you create in your Oneness with God.
4. In a form that you can understand in your perception of a world the Holy Spirit teaches you that the Law of Mind and Creation is Oneness. The form does not alter the meaning of Oneness but makes It understandable to you. The personal mind cannot teach this to you because Oneness is not meaningful to you in your perception of separation as reality. The personal mind would have to change the meaning of Oneness to hold on to a form of separation.
5. To the Holy Spirit the form that the lesson of Oneness takes never matters but its Meaning always matters. The Meaning of every lesson is always the same for the Holy Spirit. [God does not extend God to convince you of your Oneness with God but God extending God is What God is. You are One with God and you only have to learn this because you perceive yourself as separate from God.]
6. The Holy Spirit teaches you to remember God and to forget the personal mind. You will not understand the Holy Spiritís lessons in Oneness while you still listen to two teachers in your mind. You will only learn to be consistent by learning of one Teacher and forgetting the other.
7. The Perfect Consistency of Godís Oneness cannot mean anything to you while you are confused about what is real. Your confusion interferes with the Meaning of Godís Oneness. There is only One Meaning in God and the Meaning of God is God. It is also you who are One with God and who extends God as God extends God. God doesnít need to be explained but extended. In God All is One. Nothing else exists in God but God. This is Reality and nothing can change It.
3. The Reality of the Kingdom
1. The Holy Spirit teaches only Godís Oneness and applies It everywhere always. Because there is no conflict in the Holy Spirit Its every effort and every result is maximal. By teaching you the Power of Godís Oneness through you the Holy Spirit teaches you that Godís Power is yours. The situation it is applied to does not matter. Your awareness of Godís Power does not establish It as yours because you are already One with God but your awareness of It does enable you to use It. Your Christ Mind is with you always so you are the Way, the Truth, and the Life. You do not make Godís Power anymore than Jesus did. It is Everywhere Always and you cannot understand It as belonging only to some of what you perceive. This perception of Godís Power makes It meaningless by limiting the Unlimited.
2. Godís Meaning is in Godís Oneness. Time does not touch It but you belong with It. You are Godís Meaning though you think that you are separate from It. Seeing yourself as separate from your Meaning you experience yourself as something unreal. The personal mind teaches you that you are not What you are. This is really impossible so you cannot really teach it and learn it. And since your Christ Mind is always teaching Itself What It is What It is teaching is unknown to the personal mind. So the personal mind is suspicious of you because you cannot be fully committed to it. Your Christ Mind is committed to Peace and this threatens the personal mind so the personal mindís ďenemyĒ is therefore your Ally.
3. The personal mind is not part of you because it perceives itself at war. It looks outward to others for allies. But the personal mindís allies are your enemies because the personal mind only sees its own projections. You are not at war and you must look only on the Holy Spirit to be at Peace. When you look only on the Holy Spirit you have no conflict but when you look on the personal mindís projections of others conflict enters your mind. You must put consistent effort into looking only on the Holy Spirit or you will believe that conflict is true. Conflict is impossible and believing in it is the same as perceiving yourself as something unreal.
4. For you to be One with God is for you to be aware of only God. As long as you believe that you can be aware of what is not real you are choosing conflict. But is it a choice? It seems to be but seeming and Reality are not the same. In your Oneness with God there is no seeming. Reality is yours because you are Reality. Learning this is how having and being come together in your mind. The Holy Spirit is the only Reality in your mind and Its Thoughts are clear because They reflect God. The Holy Spirit sees only the Holy Spirit because It can only see Itself.
5. God is in your Mind because God is What your Mind is. This is beyond doubt and when you question it the Holy Spirit answers by showing you that to question Reality is to question meaninglessly. The Holy Spiritís only Purpose is to undo your questions and lead you to Certainty. When you are Certain you are perfectly calm because you have no doubt and you extend your Serenity because It is What you are.
4. Healing as the Recognition of Truth
1. You can remember Truth again and this is your only need. God Knows you because you are One with God and the Holy Spirit inspires your awareness of Oneness. Both this Knowledge and the Holy Spirit come from God but healing your mind does not come directly from God. God knows you are Whole as God is. Healing your mind is simply the result of you allowing this awareness into a state of mind where you do not know that you are One with God. God is unaware of your belief in separation and so separation does not exist but your belief in it makes you unaware of God.
2. The Holy Spirit teaches through you so that you learn It is in you. This process leads you to the knowledge that you are One with God. You can extend Godís Love everywhere without exception because your mind is One with God. This is Godís Law and the Holy Spirit reminds you of It. Healing your mind is your remembering Godís Law of Oneness and your forgetting the personal mindís law of separation. When used by the Holy Spirit forgetting becomes a means for you to remember better rather than to deny Truth.
3. Through the personal mind you do not want to teach yourself that you are everywhere because that would defeat the purpose of separation. So in the personal mind you do not really learn because all that can really be taught is the Law of Mind that the mind can only see itself. But the Holy Spirit teaches you to use what the personal mind makes to teach yourself the opposite of separation. It does not matter what kind of learning or learning ability is used. All that you need to do is make an effort to learn from the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spiritís One Goal will unify your efforts and abilities. To contribute to One Result the Holy Spirit emphasizes what is the same in your efforts and abilities rather than what is different.
4. Give over all of your abilities to the Holy Spirit to use them for healing your mind because the Holy Spirit knows your mind is Whole. Healing your mind means your remembering your Wholeness, which means your remembering God. You have forgotten God but the Holy Spirit uses your means of forgetting as a means of remembering.
5. The personal mindís use of your efforts and abilities is also unified in its goal of separation and this is why it cannot ever be reconciled with the Holy Spiritís Goal of Oneness. The personal mind seeks to divide and separate your mind and the Holy Spirit seeks to unify and heal your mind. As you teach healing you are healed because your mind is One. Through healing you undo your belief in the differences projected by the personal mind and you extend your awareness of Oneness instead. Even in a state where your mind is out of accord with God this Perception is in accord with Godís Law. The strength of this corrected perception is so great it brings your mind into alignment with Godís Mind by serving the Holy Spirit, Which your mind can perceive everywhere.
6. You are delusional if you think that you can oppose Godís Will. The personal mind thinks it can and it offers you its ďwillĒ as a gift. You do not want it. It is not a gift; it is nothing at all. What you have and are is Godís Gift to you and by forgetting It you forget yourself. Healing your mind, then, is the way for you to approach God by extending Godís Love everywhere in accordance with Godís Law of Oneness. If you do not extend Godís Love everywhere the Law of Oneness will be meaningless to you. But all meaning is contained by This Law and in This Law.
7. Seek only God because God is the Truth. There is nothing else. God is All Being and your Being is Godís Being. Healing your mind is the way for you to let go of your sense of vulnerability in your identification with the personal mind, perceived in yourself or projected onto others, by seeing your mindís Oneness instead. This strengthens the Holy Spirit in your awareness because it denies fear. Your choice of Oneness is the only invitation Godís Love needs and It comes to your entire mind because Love is What your Whole Mind is. You will forget what you are not by becoming aware of What you are and this is how you will fully remember What you are.
5. Healing and the Changelessness of Mind
1. The body is only a framework for you to develop abilities. What those abilities are used for is your decision. It is obvious what the personal mindís decision has led to but the Holy Spiritís use of the body only for healing your mind does need to be clarified. When you attempt to heal the world that you perceive without accepting healing for your own mind you do not understand what you are called to do.
2. Only minds can join and the part of your mind that seems split off must join with your God-like Mind to heal your mind. Since the personal mind cannot undo your desire to be One again it teaches you that the body is real and that it can join with other bodies to be whole so it does not need your mind. It gives to the body your mindís ability to think independently of God. But your behavior does not teach or learn since you can behave in ways that conflict with your beliefs. Believing that the body has the attributes of your mind weakens you as a teacher/learner because you always teach yourself what you do believe. If you teach yourself that both sickness (body) and healing (mind) are real you are teaching yourself inconsistently and you will hardly learn what you teach yourself inconsistently.
3. You must teach healing to learn healing. The Holy Spirit heals your mind by joining with the part of it that you have projected onto a world by extending Godís Love there instead. The Holy Spirit does not confuse your mind with a body. Your mind cannot hurt but a body in the service of the personal mind can hurt other bodies. You will only believe that you have been hurt by others or that you have hurt others if you confuse yourself with a body. Your recognition that you are mind and not a body can be used for either true healing or for magical thinking. Magical thinking always involves your belief that the world is real and it indicates that you fear the true healing that will return your mind to the Oneness of God. This is why it does not work.
4. True healing strengthens your awareness of your Oneness with God; magical thinking weakens this awareness in you. True healing recognizes that the Oneness that you teach yourself is everywhere; magical thinking wants you to see your mind as a healer with special gifts that can be offered to those who do not have this gift. As a magical healer you could think this gift comes from God but if you think that Godís Gifts are for you alone then you limit your awareness of God to a personal self and you do not know that God is Everywhere.
5. Healing that is of the Holy Spirit always works so unless you teach yourself healing through the Holy Spirit your results will vary. Real healing is always consistent and whole because it is conflict-free. When you make exceptions to healing you teach yourself that conflict is real. God does not make exceptions. What is of God is Everywhere Always. Only your fear of Oneness makes the idea of exceptions meaningful to you and it makes you afraid of the exceptions you make because you think that they keep you from Oneness. A ďfearful healerĒ is a contradiction that only a conflicted mind can perceive as meaningful.
6. Fear will not make you happy; healing your mind always does. Fear always makes exceptions; healing your mind never does. Fear causes you to perceive separation from God because it comes from denying part of yourself; healing causes you Peace because it comes from your awareness of Oneness. Healing is predictable, and you can depend on it because it comes from God and only God is Real. Healing is inspired by the Holy Spirit and it is in accord with Godís Law of Oneness. God is Consistent and you can only understand healing consistently because to be consistent is to be One. Your Whole Meaning comes from God and you cannot be out of accord with God because God cannot be out of accord with God. You cannot separate yourself from God because Godís Being is your Being.
7. As an unhealed healer you may try to heal others to receive their gratitude instead of extending Godís Love to be aware of Godís Love within you. You will then receive so little because you have limited your awareness to a personal self. This is a lesson in sickness, not in healing. But the True Lesson is constantly available and It is so powerful that you can recognize your Oneness with God in one instant and change your entire perception in the next instant. By changing your mind you use the only power that you have for change. This does not contradict the Changelessness of Godís Mind. You will think that you have changed Godís Mind as long as you try to learn through the personal mind. This puts you in a seemingly contradictory position: You must learn to change your mind about your mind. Only by learning to do this can you learn that your mind is Changeless.
8. When you heal the Changelessness of Mind is exactly what you are learning. You perceive the Holy Spiritís Reality instead of the varied and changing world of bodies and personal selves. Only the Holy Spirit never changes Its Mind. But when you perceive sickness as real you think that you can change Godís Mind and then you donít know What you are. When you see only the Changeless you are not changing anything because It is Real. By changing your mind about the worldís reality you undo the changes that your split mind thinks it has made.
9. You can hear two voices so you can perceive in two ways. The personal mind shows you images and idols to worship out of fear but that you can never love or understand or appreciate because they are not part of you. The Holy Spirit shows you only the Truth, Which you love and understand and appreciate because you are One with It. You are One with God in Love, Understanding, and Appreciation. The personal mind cannot understand this because it does not understand, love or appreciate what it makes. The personal mind joins with others to take something away from them, believing that whenever it deprives another of something it has increased itself. But God increases by extending God as you increase God by extending God. The Glory and Joy of God are yours to give. Do you want to?
10. You cannot forget God because the Christ Mind is within you and It is One with God. To forget Christ is to forget your Self and to forget God. Your belief in a world is your forgetting of God. That is why you must remember your Christ Mind, Which is One with God. By remembering your Christ Mind and extending It to replace the world of separation that you perceive you change your mind about yourself. Your Mind is powerful enough to let go of its perception of a world and become aware of only God. Jesus shares the Christ Mind, not His body, in communion with you because the body is an illusion. See that only the Christ Mind is everything everywhere, encompassing all things. You are blessed when you perceive only This because only This is True.
11. Learn of the Truth in you through Christ in your Mind. As you extend Christ to replace the world of separation in your mind you will heal your mind. Be grateful to the world that you perceive for this opportunity because as you extend Christ, Christ will return to your full awareness, which is your gift to God. God will accept this gift and give it back to you in Oneness. Your true communion with the Holy Spirit is extending God everywhere always. You can love and appreciate and understand God only as One. This is the Law of Creation and It governs all Real Thoughts.
6. From Vigilance to Peace
1. Although you can love your mind only as One you can perceive it as fragmented. However, you cannot see something in part of it that you do not believe is all of it. This is why you must give up your perception of separation entirely or you have not given it up at all. Your total perception will be affected by your thoughts whether they are projections of fear from the personal mind or extensions of Godís Love from the Holy Spirit. Your thoughts make reality for you and you will not know God is Reality if you project fear but you will know God is Reality when extend Godís Love.
2. When you accept that separation from God is real you cannot love because your belief in separation is your belief that Love has been destroyed. This is your misunderstanding of What Love is so you do not perceive yourself as Loving. Godís Love is Godís Being and yours. When you are unaware of this you believe that you are something unreal and this is confusing to you. Your thinking is powerful enough to do this but it is also powerful enough to accept correction of this because its Power is of God. You have the power to direct your thinking as you choose and if you do not think that you do you are denying your power and believing that you are powerless.
3. The ingenuity that the personal mind employs to preserve itself derives from the very Power of your Mind Which the personal mind denies. Its denial is an attack on the Power that is preserving it and this results in extreme anxiety for you who identify with it. So the personal mind denies what it is doing, which is logical for its survival but insane for you. The personal mind relies on the one Power that negates its existence for its existence. Afraid of its Sourceís Power the personal mind must depreciate this Power but if its Source is powerless its own existence is threatened. This is intolerable for the personal mind so it projects nonexistence onto your Being in God instead. This is meant to guarantee it will continue because you will identify with it in the absence of your Real Identity.
4. The personal mind does not believe in wholeness because it was made from fragmentation and it is faithful to it. Mind always reproduces as it was produced and the personal mind reproduces fear because it was produced out of fear. This is its allegiance and because you are Godís Love, Which is Wholeness, the personal mind is vicious to you. Godís Love is your Power and the personal mind must deny It because It gives you everything that you need. When you know you have Everything you will not want the personal mind. The personal mindís own maker, then, does not want it. You will reject it as soon as you remember God. And when you recognize the Holy Spirit anywhere you do remember God.
5. The personal mind opposes all Love, all recognition of the Holy Spirit, all corrected perception, and God. It perceives Their threat because it senses that the commitments your mind makes are total. Forced to detach from you the personal mind will attach to anything else. But since there is nothing else it makes up illusions to believe in.
6. The Holy Spirit does not perceive illusions and so It does not attack them. Illusions do not exist for the Holy Spirit and It resolves the conflict in you that is engendered by your belief in illusions by teaching you to perceive conflict as meaningless because only God is Real. The Holy Spirit does not want you to understand conflict because the meaningless cannot be understood. You can understand God only because only God is Real.
7. If you keep in mind What the Holy Spirit offers to you, you will make an effort to remember God only. You may find this hard to believe because you believe in something other than God. Belief does not require effort unless it is conflicted. Effort has no place in Peace and it is only necessary when you have beliefs that are not true. The Holy Spirit only inspires your effort to believe in What is True because you have believed in what is not true. What you believe in is true for you. When you do not believe that God is the Only Reality you seem to have thoughts that contradict, and therefore attack, God.
8. The personal mind believes that it can attack God and it tries to persuade you that you have done this. Since the mind cannot attack the personal mind logically proceeds to the belief that you are a body. Because it does not see you, its maker, as you really are in God the personal mind can see itself any way it wants to. Aware that it is weak it wants your allegiance but not as you really are in God. It wants to engage you only in its own delusional thought system because otherwise your God-like Mind will undo it. It wants no part of God since only God is Real and it does not really exist. Your commitment to either God or the personal mind must be total or your mind will be split between them. Since they cannot coexist in Peace if you want Peace you must give up conflict by giving up the personal mind entirely and for all time. This requires your effort to be aware of God only for as long as you still believe that the personal mind is also real. While you believe that two contradictory thoughts systems are both true you will need to make an effort to be aware of Truth only.
9. Your mind seems to be divided between the personal mind and the Holy Spirit so it is not totally committed to either. Your Identity in God is beyond question except by you when you are identifying with a personal self. What you are is not established by what you perceive or touched by it at all. Your identity confusion is not a problem of fact but of understanding because you think that what you are is up to you to decide. This is what the personal mind believes totally and is fully committed to but this is not true. The personal mind is totally committed to untruth because its perceptions totally contradict the Holy Spiritís Perceptions and Godís Reality.
10. Only the Holy Spirit can perceive your Meaning because your Meaning is the Knowledge of God. Any belief you accept apart from This will obscure the Holy Spirit in you and will therefore obscure God to you. Unless you perceive yourself Truly you cannot know God since you are One with God. Your Oneness with God is your Wholeness, your Sanity, and your Limitless Power. This Power is Godís Gift to you because This is What you are. If you separate your mind from the only Power there is you will perceive yourself as weak.
11. Perceiving yourself without Godís Power, and therefore as weak, you attack. But the attack is blind because there is nothing to attack. So you project illusory images onto an illusory world, perceive them as unworthy, and attack them because they are unworthy. This is all that the personal mindís world is: nothing. It has no meaning, it does not exist. If you try to understand it, it will be real to you. Making the meaningless meaningful is an insane effort.
12. The idea of separation from God has entered your mind because you have judged that God is not wholly desirable. You want something else so you have made something else but it will attack your Real Mind and divide your efforts. You can extend only Peace but you cannot extend Peace with a conflicted mind. You must put your efforts only into being aware of God because extending God is your Joy. If you do not extend God you are not thinking with God or like God.
13. The Holy Spirit gently reminds you that you are sad and depressed because you are not fulfilling your Function as Part of God and are therefore depriving yourself of Joy. This is your choice, not Godís. If it was possible for you to make a will separate from Godís then what is meaningless would be real. But God cannot be changed and conflict is not really possible. This is what the Holy Spirit teaches consistently. Your Will is One with Godís Will and anything that opposes This is meaningless. Being Perfect your Whole Mind can only extend Godís Joy in Oneness with God.
7. The Totality of the Kingdom
1. Whenever you fail to extend Godís Love you will feel deprived because denial is as total as Love. It is as impossible for you to deny part of your mind as it is for you to love it partially. Total commitment means you are committed all the time. Your mind is powerful and when you use it to deny Reality, Reality is gone for you. Deny any part of Reality and you will lose your awareness of all of It. But denial is a defense and you can use it for Reality as well as against It. Use denial against Reality and it is an attack on your mind but give it to the Holy Spirit and denial can be used to undo the personal mindís illusions so that you can recognize Reality. To recognize part of Reality is to appreciate All of It as It is One. Your Real Mind is too powerful to be excluded and you will never be able to completely exclude your True Self from your thoughts.
2. Whenever you look on the insanity of the world that you perceive, whether individual or collective, you are given an opportunity to be Blessed. You can only receive Blessing by extending Blessing. This is the Law of Godís Mind and It has no exceptions. You will feel that you lack Love when you refuse to extend It not because you are really without It but because by denying It you are not aware that you have It. Your response in every situation is determined by what you think you are and what you want is what you think you are. What you want to be, then, determines every response you make.
3. You have Godís Blessing Eternally but you do need your blessing to know that you have Godís Blessing. The personal mindís concept of you is that you are deprived, unloving, and vulnerable. You cannot love this self but you can let it go. You are not a personal self. When you believe that the personal selves that your mind perceives in a world are reality you believe that you too are a personal self. All of your illusions are made together and dispelled together. Do not teach yourself what you do not want to be. What you perceive is the mirror in which you see yourself either as a personal self or One with God. Perception will last until all that you perceive is that you are One with God. You made perception and it will last as long as you want it.
4. Illusions will last for you as long as you value them. Your values shift but they are powerful because they are judgments of your mind. The way to dispel your illusions is to recognize that they do not have value for you and so to put them out of your mind. While they are in your mind you give life to them but there is really nothing there to receive your gift.
5. The Gift of Life is yours to give because God gives Life to you. You are not aware that you have It because you do not extend It. You cannot really make nothing ďliveĒ. You both are and have Life but in your illusions you are not extending Life and you have forgotten your Being. All your confusion comes from your not extending Life because extending Life is Godís Will. You cannot do anything Real apart from God and what you do apart from God is not real. To remember yourself give God as God gives God. Honor yourself by extending only Godís Love.
6. Honor and appreciation are due only to the Extension of Godís Oneness, Which God Honors and Appreciates. You cannot be apart from Godís Extension because in your Oneness with God you are Godís Extension. Rest in Godís Love and keep Peace in your awareness by extending Godís Love. But extend Godís Love to be all that your mind perceives or you will not know that you both have and are Godís Peace. You will not know that you are Perfect until you honor everything your mind perceives.
7. The Part of your mind that is Part of God is the only Teacher worthy to teach the part of your mind that thinks it is separate from God. The Holy Spirit is with you everywhere and It teaches you the same lesson everywhere. It teaches you the Inestimable Worth of your M
8. You will not attack others when you perceive them as attacking you unless you think that they were depriving you of the experience of Wholeness that you can only have in God. But you cannot lose Wholeness unless you do not value It and you do not want It. Your rejection of Wholeness makes you feel deprived and you project this rejection onto others, blaming them for your sense of deprivation. Ultimately you are afraid of others because you believe that they are attacking you to take from you the Wholeness that you can only experience in God. Your own rejection of God is the basis for all of your projections onto others from the personal mind.
9. In your identification with a personal self you cannot trust because you believe that you are alone. You do not take responsibility for making yourself alone and you have no allegiance to God, Which will undo the personal mind. Believing that you have separated from God you project the cause of separation onto others and teach yourself that they are out to take God from you. Though nothing can cause you to be separate from God whenever you attack another your underlying belief is that they can. Through projection you see in others what you wish for. If you want to be separate from God you will believe that others are making you separate from God.
10. You are the Will of God so do not accept anything else as your will or you deny What you are. When you deny What you are you will attack others because you will believe that you have been attacked. But see Godís Love within you and you will see It everywhere because It is everywhere. Perceive Godís Love in place of separate personal selves and you will know that your mind is One with God. You are incomplete without God as God is incomplete without you. Your understanding this is the Peace of God. Your only way out of the personal mindís thinking is to accept your Oneness with God just as the only way into the personal mindís thinking is to believe that you are separate from God. You will have Total Understanding when you understand Godís Totality.
11. You will have correctly evaluated the personal mindís thought system when you perceive it as wholly insane, wholly delusional, and wholly undesirable. This correction allows you to perceive your Oneness with God as wholly Real, wholly Perfect, and wholly Desirable. When you only want to be One with God, God will be All that you have, All that you give, and All that you are. What you give to the personal self is a sacrifice but What you give to God are Gifts to yourself. God treasures what you give to yourself because giving to yourself is giving to God. All Power and Glory are yours because you are One with God.
8. The Unbelievable Belief
1. You cannot experience anger without projecting it and you cannot experience Love without extending It. This statement reflects how the Law of Mind always works. The Law of Extension of Oneness, by Which God created you and by which you create, is how God keeps God in Godís Mind. To the personal mind this Law is the Means by Which you project away from yourself what you do not want to keep. To the Holy Spirit this Law is the Means by Which you give what you value to keep it in your awareness. To the Holy Spirit It is the Law of Extension; to the personal mind It is the Law of deprivation. How you apply the Law determines whether It produces Abundance or scarcity in your awareness. This choice is up to you but it is not up to you whether or not you use this Law. Your mind must project or extend because this is Life.
2. To undo the association of projection and anger you must fully understand how the personal mind uses projection. The personal mind always seeks to preserve your perception of separation from God though it devises ingenious ways to reduce the conflict this causes in your mind so that the conflict does not become so intolerable that you give it up. It tries to persuade you that it can get rid of the conflict so you donít try to free yourself of it by undoing your perception of separation. Warping the Law of Mind to defeat the Mindís Real Purpose of Oneness the personal mind projects the source of your separation from God onto others in the world that you perceive to persuade you that the conflict is not in you.
3. There are two major errors in this attempt. First, projection is a distorted form of extending and only a unified thought can be extended. Conflicting thoughts are not unified but opposed. You cannot teach yourself that both God and not-God are real. And since your thoughts do not leave your mind it does not make sense for you to think that you can keep one of these ideas and project the other idea away. Second, giving an idea away is the way you keep it in your awareness. Your belief that you can exclude from your mind the cause of your separation from God by seeing it outside of you is a total distortion of extension. This means that you must work hard to keep the thoughts that are the source of what you project out of your awareness. You know on some level that the thoughts that you project are still buried in your mind and that they may creep back up to your awareness. Since the thoughts that you project never really leave your mind you must keep your mind occupied so that you do not recognize them.
4. You cannot project illusions without believing that you are an illusion yourself. There is no way to escape this Law of Mind because Mind cannot be fragmented. Mind cannot be attacked and broken into pieces. But the personal mind believes that It can so it uses projection to make it seem as though this has really happened. The personal mind does not understand that your Mind is One so it does not understand What you really are. But the personal mindís existence is dependent on you because it is made by your belief. The personal mind is your error in identification and it does not have a consistent model so it does not develop consistently. It is the result of your misapplication of the Law of God by your distorted mind misusing Its power.
5. Do not be afraid of the personal mind. It depends on your mind, you made it by believing in it, and you can undo it by withdrawing your belief in it. If you project responsibility for your belief onto others you will maintain it. But when you accept sole responsibility for the personal mind you will lay aside all anger and attack because they come from your projecting responsibility for your separation from God onto others. Once you accept responsibility for your separation from God give it over to the Holy Spirit to undo it completely so that all of its effects will vanish from your mind.
6. The Holy Spirit will teach you to perceive Truth, Which is beyond belief. You can forget the personal self at any time because it is unbelievable. The more you learn about it the more you will realize that it cannot be believed. It is apparent that what you perceive with the unbelievable is meaningless but you may not recognize it as being unbelievable because it is made by your belief.
7. The purpose of this course is to teach you that the personal self is unbelievable, now and Forever. You who made it cannot make this judgment from it. By accepting the Holy Spirit you are deciding against your belief that you are a personal self and correcting your perception that you are separate from God. Your True Identity is in your Oneness with God. This Identity is beyond doubt and beyond belief. Your Wholeness has no limits because It is Infinite.
9. The Extension of the Kingdom
1. Only you can limit the Power that God gave to you because Godís Will is that your Power is Limitless. God does not will you to deprive yourself of your Extension of God anymore than God wills to be apart from Its Extension of Itself. Do not withhold your Extension of God or you withhold yourself from God. The personal mind is selfish but the Holy Spirit is Self-full. The Holy Spirit mediates between the personal mind and your God-like Mind, always choosing your God-like Mind. To the personal mind this is partiality and an attack on it. To the Holy Spirit this is Truth because in Its Self-fullness It cannot exclude you.
2. The Holy Spirit knows that the part of your Mind that you have given to separation is included in the Holy Spirit just as the Holy Spirit is included in God. The Power of Its Whole Mind and of God is the Holy Spiritís own Fullness,\ and Its Extension of God is Whole and Perfect. The personal mind cannot prevail against Godís Wholeness and only God is Whole. Godís Extension is given all of Godís Power because It is Godís Being. Extending is the opposite of loss as Blessing is the opposite of sacrifice. Being must be extended because that is how It knows Itself. The Holy Spirit yearns to extend its Being as God extends God. Being Godís Extension the Holy Spirit wills to extend, not to contain, God.
3. Extending God is the Holy Spiritís only Function. The Holy Spiritís Fullness cannot be contained anymore than Godís Fullness can be contained. Fullness is extension. The personal mindís thought system blocks the Holy Spiritís extension so it blocks your only Function and Joy and leaves you feeling unfulfilled. When you do not extend God you are unfulfilled but God cannot be unfulfilled so you must extend God. You may not be aware of your Extension of God but this cannot interfere with your Extensionís Reality anymore than your unawareness of the Holy Spirit can interfere with the Holy Spiritís Being.
4. Godís Oneness extends Forever because It is the Mind of God. You are not Joyous because you do not know your own Self-fullness. Look on the world that you perceive as reality and you will not feel whole. Your mind will be split and not know its Fullness. You will need to experience a miracle to make yourself aware of your mindís Wholeness and to heal it. Your awareness of Wholeness is your awareness of Godís Oneness. The Self-fullness of the Holy Spirit makes the selfishness of the personal mind impossible and the extension of God inevitable. Godís Oneness is always Perfect Peace because the Holy Spirit is fulfilling Its function and complete fulfillment is Peace.
5. Your Extension of God is unchanged and the Holy Spirit knows It and can bring It into your awareness whenever you are willing. It is Part of your Being and Fulfillment. All of Godís Extension is yours because It is Everywhere, being extended to your Mind from God.
6. You have not failed to extend Godís Oneness and you have not lost It for yourself. It is Godís Will that you be One with God Forever and you are. It is not possible for you to disobey Godís Will; this idea has no meaning. Your Self-fullness is as Boundless as Godís Fullness and It extends Forever in Perfect Peace. It extends in Perfect Joy and only the Whole can ever extend from Its Wholeness.
7. You have not lost your Identity or Its Extension, Which maintains your Identity in Wholeness and in Peace. Your experiences of miracles are expressions of your awareness of this. They reflect your corrected perception by replacing the world of separation in your mind and your awareness of this correct perception is maintained by your extending Godís Love. Your experience of the miracle is your lesson in totally corrected perception because any time your mind perceives correctly you perceive the Wholeness of your Mind.
10. The Confusion of Pain and Joy
1. Your Oneness with God is the result of Ideas inherent to God just as your perception of a world of separation is the result of ideas inherent to the personal mind. Taken to their logical conclusion the personal mindís inherent ideas are total confusion. If you really saw this you would not want it. The only reason you do want it is because you do not see all of it. You are willing to look at the personal mindís inherent ideas but not at their logical outcome. You have not looked at the logical outcome of Godís Inherent Ideas, either. Your Extension of God is the logical outcome of your Oneness with God. This is established by God and is happening in your God-like Mind. But your state of mind and what you see in your mind depends on what you believe about your mind. Whatever your beliefs may be they determine what you accept into your mind.
2. It is obvious by now that you can accept into your mind what is not there and that you can deny What is there. Though you can deny the Function that God gave to your Mind Its Function cannot be prevented. This is the logical outcome of your Oneness with God. To see this logical outcome you must be willing but its Truth has nothing to do with your willingness. Truth is Godís Will and yours. Deny that Godís Will is your Will and you are denying God and yourself.
3. The Holy Spirit directs you to avoid pain and if you recognized this you would not resist the Holy Spirit. The problem is not whether or not what the Holy Spirit says is true but whether or not you want to listen to the Holy Spirit. You do not recognize what is truly painful or Truly Joyful and you confuse the two. The Holy Spiritís Function is to teach you to tell them apart. What brings you Joy is painful to the personal mind and as long as you confuse yourself with the personal mind you will confuse pain and Joy. This confusion leads you to feel that you are being called on to sacrifice. Follow the Holy Spirit and you will give up the personal self but this is not a sacrifice because the personal self is nothing. In fact, you will gain Everything. When you believe this you will no longer be conflicted.
4. You need to demonstrate to yourself that Godís Will will bring you Joy because this is not obvious to you and you believe that doing the opposite of Godís Will is better for you. You also believe that it is possible to do the opposite of Godís Will so you believe that an impossible choice that is both fearful and desirable is open to you. But God Wills God does not wish, which is all that the personal mind can do. Your Will is as Powerful as Godís Will because your Will is Godís Will. But the personal mindís wishes do not mean anything because they are wishes for the impossible. You can wish for the impossible but you can Will only with God. This is why the personal mind is weak and you are strong.
5. The Holy Spirit sides with the Will of God, Which is your Strength. As long as you avoid the Holy Spirit in any way you want to be weak. And since weakness is frightening it means that you have decided to be afraid. The Holy Spirit never asks you to sacrifice but the personal mind always asks you to sacrifice your True Identity. When you are confused about which asks you to sacrifice it is because you project the personal mindís motivation onto the Holy Spirit. Your trust in the Holy Spirit is then impossible and you are not going to follow a Guide that you do not trust. But this does not mean that the Holy Spirit is untrustworthy; it means you are untrustworthy because you are projecting the personal mindís motivation onto the Holy Spirit. But this is only a matter of your belief. You believe that you can betray so you believe that everything can betray you. This is only because you have chosen to follow false guidance, which you cannot follow without fear. Because you associate guidance with fear you will not follow any guidance at all. It is no surprise that you are confused about the Holy Spirit!
6. The Holy Spirit is Perfectly Trustworthy, as you are. God Trusts you and therefore your Trustworthiness is beyond question. It is Forever beyond question though you may question It. You are the Will of God and Godís Will is not an idle wish. Your Identification with Godís Will is not optional since It is What you are. Your sharing Godís Will with the Holy Spirit in not really open to your choice, though you may think that it is. Your thinking so is the error that is your whole sense of separation from God. The only way out of this error is to decide that you do not have to decide anything. Everything is already yours by Godís Decision. That is Godís Will and you cannot undo It.
7. Giving up a decision that was never yours to make in the first place, but which the personal mind guards jealously, is not accomplished by your wish. It has already been decided for you by the Will of God, Which has not left you without Guidance. The Holy Spirit will teach you how to tell the difference between pain and Joy and so lead you out of the confusion that you have made. You experience no confusion in your Oneness with God, Which is Godís Will.
8. Your experience of the miracle is in accord with Godís Will, Which you have forgotten because you are confused about what you will, which means that you are confused about what you are. You are Godís Will and by not accepting this you are denying yourself Joy. Your experience of the miracle is a lesson in Joy. It is a lesson in extending, which is a lesson in Love, which is Joy. Every miracle you experience is a lesson in Truth and by extending Truth in your awareness you learn the difference between pain and joy.
11. The State of
1. The Holy Spirit guides you truly because your Joy is Its Joy. This is Its Will everywhere because It speaks for Godís Oneness, Which is Joy. Following the Holy Spirit is the most natural and easy thing for you to do in the world that you perceive because the Holy Spirit is not of the world and neither are you. The world that you perceive goes against your nature because it is not in accord with Godís Law of Oneness. In your perception of a world you perceive various degrees of difficulty in what you do because you do not want anything wholly. But by extending Godís Love everywhere without exception you will learn that in your Natural State of Oneness There is no difficulty because Oneness is a State of
2. Grace is your Natural State of Being in God. When you are not in a State of
3. Look at the world that you have made in your mind and judge its worth fairly. Is it worthy of you who are One with God? Does it protect your Peace and shine Love upon you? Does it keep away fear and allow you to give always, without any sense of loss? Does it teach you that extending God is Joy and that God thanks you for extending God? The only Environment in Which you can be happy is One Where you say yes to all of these questions. You cannot make this Environment any more than you can make yourself. It is Godís Oneness. God watches over you and denies you nothing. But when you deny God you do not know this because you are denying yourself Everything. You who could extend Godís Love everywhere are literally denying yourself Heaven.
4. You are called upon to teach only Godís Oneness to What is One with God. You can make no exception to teaching this Lesson because this is a Lesson in lack of exceptions. When you return to Godís Oneness through this Lesson you will have healed your mind and you will be thankful to God. You will have become the Perfect Teacher because you will have learned this lesson from the Holy Spirit within you.
5. When your mind has only God it knows only God. It extends God everywhere, undoing every thought of separation from God, transforming your entire mind into Greatness. The Greatness of God is here for you to recognize, to appreciate, and to know. Recognizing Godís Greatness in place of a world of separation is to accept What is yours. God gives God everywhere and if you recognize God anywhere you acknowledge What God has given to you. The Truth is the easiest Thing for you to recognize and It is immediate, clear, and natural. You have trained your mind not to recognize Truth and this has been difficult for you.
6. Truth is your Natural Environment and out of your Natural Environment it is natural for you to ask what Truth is. You do not know yourself because you do not know God. You do not know that you extend God because you have blocked your awareness of this with a world of separation. Only your Whole Mind is One with God because only your Whole Mind can extend God as God extends God. Whenever you extend Godís Love instead of project separation you heal your mind and you acknowledge Godís Creation. Your perception of a world cannot have undone What you can recognize in its place and the Glory that you perceive in place of the world must be in your mind. The part of your mind that youíve given to separation is One with your Mind and with God. Deny the Power of this part of your mind and you deny your Power and Godís Power.
7. You cannot deny part of Truth and know Truth. You do not know that you extend God because you do not know that you are One with God. You do not know yourself because you do not know God. Your extending God does not make you Real any more than you as Godís Extension make God Real. You can know both yourself as Godís Extension and your own Extension of God. Godís Being is known, not made, by extending. Because God Extends God to you, you can know God. But Godís Extension must fill your entire mind for you to know God. Without God you do not know What you are. Godís Oneness is the Boundless Extension of God. Know, then, the Extension of God with your entire mind, and you will know God.
|Copyright 2009 Elizabeth A. Cronkhite|